Saturday, December 29, 2012

The end of 2012 and the start of 2013

So, 2012 has been full of challenges. A diagnosis of Parkinson's in the spring and shoulder surgery to (unsuccessfully) repair my rotator cuff in December. The kids are going off in their own directions. Realizing that retirement is approaching. Health checks for hubby. A lot of transitions - plus more on the horizon.

I made a project list for 2013. For me, it is ambitious considering that I will continue to work full time and have to learn how to cope with new, physical challenges. I hope the first item is actually completed this year but it depends how fast I can sew the binding, (I am about half way finished). The only other thing I must finish this year is a scrapbook calendar. I should get it done in time, but if not, I can finish it a month at a time!

Without any further delay, here is my project list for 2013.

Projects to finish in 2013

1. Finish binding Retro quilt
2. Quilt and bind Purple Craze quilt
3. Bind Lil' Twister quilt
4. Finish sewing, cutting, and piecing green Lil' Twister quilt. Quilt and bind it.
5. Finish piecing Mystery Monday wall hanging. Quilt and bind it.
6. Participate in Ten Sisters BOM throughout the year. Two blocks per month. Not sure which size yet, lap quilt or twin.
7. Make Bargello place mats to learn technique.
8. Get starch and make Hidden Wells quilt with fall-colors fabrics.
9. Make shadow quilt with Tic Tac charm pack.
10. Work on Matt's and Dan's t-shirt quilts.

Non-quilting projects
1. Finish Dan's Scout scrapbook.
2. Finish Australia scrapbook.
3. Finish SmashBook for Ireland trip.
4. Begin boys' childhood scrapbooks.
5. Make Christmas cards. Must find new pattern idea.
6. Continue researching our family tree.

Resolutions:

1. Eat healthier.
2. Minimize snacking.
3. Exercise (walk mostly) more.

The list is exhausting - but in a good way! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment