Friday, December 21, 2012

Comfort Pillowcases for Sandy Hook

     I just finished 4 pillowcases for the survivors of Sandy Hook. My co-workers were so generous in giving me a comfort basket (since I am recovering from my surgery) that it just seemed natural to use some of those goodies for someone else. Included in my basket were four yards of material. They were brightly patterned dots, stripes, and a flower/paisley type design. The cuts were just extra long enough that I was able to get four pillowcases out of them! I'll drop them in the mail tomorrow. Especially now, it just feels like the right thing to do.

 
     I've had a little time to work on my retro quilt also. It is very slow going. I estimated that I have about 340+ inches of binding to sew and I've gotten about 50+ inches done! There's still a long way to go. Also, I'd like the boys to help me cut my fabric backing for the purple crazed quilt. I have trouble spreading out the fabric with my bad shoulder. I measured and will need two 2-yard cuts to have enough backing. I plan to save some of the extra purple fabric for the binding and for backing on a smaller quilt called "Heartfelt." That pattern is a Lymphoma support quilt and the colors are lime and purple! The rest of the purple fabric will be donated to the Home Ec department at school. They should be able to make some (maybe 3?) pillowcases out of it by adding some coordinating fabric.
     It is time to get dinner started! Merry Christmas if I don't get back here before then!

No comments:

Post a Comment