Friday, September 7, 2012

What to do, what to do...

So, I really want to do some quilting or sewing, but I'm extra shaky today from my Parkinson's and I think I'd end up making too many mistakes and just being frustrated. Even if I work on something soon or tomorrow, I don't know which project I want to tackle. I need to finish my retro quilt. Oh, the top is done and I've got the backing cut to size, but I still have to cut the batting and start tying it. (I refuse to have it quilted! That would be too much money on such an ugly quilt!) I should spend some time trying to iron some of the pressed seams the other way to minimize that "show through" appearance. It would look better, but I dread that time commitment -- it's a big quilt top! Also, I don't know what to do about the binding. I saw a sew-only binding that uses an accent piece -- very nice -- and I'd like to try that on this quilt but I already made the binding. I could cut it down to the correct size, but the fabric is a bit thin and the accent fabric shows through it. I'd have to buy new binding fabric and re-make it the new way. Since I'm cheap, I'll probably just stick with what I have and try the new technique on another quilt.

Speaking of which...I want to make another Lil' Twister crib quilt. I have all the material and could get started, but I have a partially finished, full-size Log Cabin design that I promised to my niece-in-law. I should get that done first. There are so many quilts that I want to make! The worst part is knowing that I have to grade papers and clean sometime, too. ::sigh::

Well, I should wrap it up. The cats are waiting for their treats.

No comments:

Post a Comment