Saturday, September 8, 2012

Purple quilt

So I started working on my purple Log Cabin UFO. Boy, is it ugly! I just wanted to make a purple quilt with as many varieties of purple fabric as I could get. It was supposed to be a gift for my mother-in-law, but she passed away before I finished it. She would have loved going over all the purple fabric and choosing her favorite of the moment -- but it all really clashes. I'll finish it and pass it on to my niece-in-law who also loves purple. She claims she likes it even though I know she is just being nice!

I had planned to work on my retro quilt today. Actually, I did start tying it. Of course, that's when the cats decided it would be a fun thing to play on, dive under, and lounge upon. Needless to say, I didn't get too far. Well, back to the ugly purple quilt top!

No comments:

Post a Comment