Lost my voice yesterday and am very congested. Since I can't talk, I can't teach -- so sick day for me. I really don't feel horrible, but I am tired. Might try to sleep later.
I finished the first cutting instructions for This and That's Mystery Monday #4. I haven't gotten any sashing, binding or backing materials yet. I want to see the pattern first before making another decision. And who knows? Maybe I'll have some fabric that would already work! Nah...what was I thinking???
I have been working on UFO's. I have the Purple Puke Log Cabin blocks finished and joined in groups of four, with lights inward. Most of the blocks did not come out matching at the strips. The last blocks I made were actually the worst. I whipped those up quickly; I should have taken more time. I'm sure waiting 15 years to work on it again hurts things, too. I think I used different seam allowance or strip widths. Oh well. Need to put on the sashes and borders. Veronica said she'd take it since she loves purple. She has seen some of the blocks already, so it won't be a complete, hideous surprise to her!
I need to finish tying my retro quilt. I hope Zorro doesn't try to help again. Having a cat dive under the fabric is NOT conducive to tying a quilt!
Hmm...here is the list of UFO's that I need to work on:
1. Retro quilt: tying and binding
2. Baby quilt: complete binding, once back from Lisa, who is quilting it
3. Sampler quilt: complete binding, once back from Lisa, who is quilting it
4. Purple puke quilt: finish piecing, then tie it and bind it
5. T-shirt quilts for the boys: not even started, but I do have some of the material!
6. This and That Mystery Quilt #4: weekly instructions sent - I am current on the steps!
7. Braid quilt: design by Eleanor Burns, joined a QAL started by Aunt Marti at 52 Quilts in 52 Weeks, only sign ups done so far
8. Pre-printed material quilt: Made up of rusts and blues, the material is printed with houses. Very 80s. Need to sew parts together, then tie it, and bind it.
9. New baby quilt using Moda's Lily and Will charm packs with additional "beehive" type material
10. Hidden Wells quilt. I bought the pattern years ago and still like it. I have some material in greens and reds that would work well, but I need one or two more for additional contrast. The fabrics that I have are good Fall-type fabrics, so I'll want to match them up.
I can't think of any more quilt projects, but I have plenty of other crafty UFO's. That will be another list!