Friday, September 14, 2012

Another week rushes by...

End of another week. Tests to grade and cleaning to do this weekend. Tomorrow, we are going out with some friends. Recently, it seemed like every time they called to ask us to get together, we were busy. So now we're free and can catch up.

I've been working on the purple log cabin quilt trying to square up the blocks. I have some blocks that are almost too small and I will have to watch the seam allowance. Then I have other blocks that are too big and I have to trim them down a half-inch. Those blocks may look ridiculous because their outermost pieces will end up being thin. Not what I intended, but what I get for not touching it for 10+ years.

I joined the Little Bits of This & That Mystery Monday project. She suggested fall or holiday fabrics. I had one piece large enough in my stash that I considered using. I was going to have to buy some complimentary fabrics, though. Then, today at school, I was getting some supplies out of my closet and found some Christmas fabric that I just adore! (I used to use that fabric on my bulletin board. It's still in good shape, so why not be creative with it?) The fabric is a dark blue and has red, gold, and silver ribbons designs on it; the designs look like Christmas trees! This will (obviously) be the dark fabric piece that I need. I might use a red for the medium and a silvery gray for the light color. I hope to get to the fabric store tomorrow. That reminds me, I need to buy some solid black fabric for the sashes on the purple quilt. The sashes should help minimize the uneven blocks.

Extra tired today --- think I will lie down and try to nap. TTYL.

No comments:

Post a Comment