Monday, March 25, 2013

Snow day!

I'm never sure who is happier about a snow day - the kids or the teachers. But today, DH & I are both happy teachers! I've spent the weekend sewing, so today I need to get something done around here. (Housework? Bleah. Grading? Double bleah! Such is life!) So here is what I did all weekend...

Being a Duke fan, I couldn't pass up this fleece that was 1/2 off. It arrived Saturday and I made a quick throw. (Yay Duke! 2000 wins and on to the Sweet 16!)



Then I made this tote. It is called Mini Bow Tucks by Penny Sturgis. To be honest, the pattern was a bit more involved than I anticipated, but I like the result.

Last but not least, I completed the second block for the Virtual Quilting Bee. It is called Origami Star by Amy Newbold. I really like the pattern.

Time to get something else done! Be safe if you must travel in the snow storm!





No comments:

Post a Comment