- My oldest son is 21 today. Oldest son & college did not work out. So, for right now, I am not an empty nester. I hope to be one again soon though! Nevertheless, we took him to Galo's in Richmond, Indiana, and had a wonderful birthday lunch.
- Youngest son is feeling a bit overwhelmed with two of his classes at BGSU. He is used to earning good grades at college. I know he works hard, but he might have to buckle down a bit more/try to find a study group. He got home last night for spring break - and proceeded to sleep for 14 hours straight!
- I was told last week that my teaching assignment is changing. I will be teaching 5th grade math next year. It will be different after having eighth grade for ten years. Right now, I don't know if I will like the change or not. I am just grateful to have a job!
- DH is contemplating retirement after next year. It is NOT a certainty, but he is definitely considering it.
- I worry about my mom. She lives 4 hours away and I am not convinced that she takes care of herself as well as she should. It is difficult to talk to her about everything to make sure she is safe and healthy.
6. On a positive note, I finished this Lil' Twister top. Now that I have looked at it a couple days, though, I think I will add a border - maybe in a coordinating brown.
7. My other February finishes include: completed piecing & binding a baby quilt for my new great niece, (a friend quilted it for me); made 5 children's purses, including two for a memorial scholarship fund auction; made my center block for a Round Robin that starts this month; and completed my two BOM.
I know that doesn't seem like much to many of you, but for me, it was a busy month! Plus, I went to every store in a shop hop, spent an evening scrap-booking at my friends' shop, and joined the local quilt club! Ohh --- and my Cuttlebug arrived! Can't wait to have a chance to use it! Yay!
So, how did your February end??? Share your finishes!