Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Still here

It's been another busy week and a half. I took a class last week and am taking another one this week. As a teacher, (like so many other professions), we have to complete continuing education classes or graduate classes to renew our licenses. After this week, I should be good for my next renewal!

I managed to finish my Round Robin obligation just in time - it is due tomorrow! I had such a difficult time deciding what to do. Due to people dropping out, I actually completed two borders on this block. The center flower basket is the original completed block and the black and green flying geese were the other participant's work. I did the rest; I liked completing the checked border.

I took my niece-in-law to her first ever shop hop. It was a small one at a central location, but she is now hooked! She especially loved the reproduction Civil War fabric.  She learned how to sew on her Grandmother's treadle machine so she couldn't get her new sewing machine to work properly. (That is, the one her hubby bought her for Christmas!) So, we spent time after the hop going over her machine set-up and use. The instructions were incomplete; no wonder she had trouble! Now, she is zipping along!

I have also been working on a fussy cut Lemoyne star - I'll get pictures up soon. Stay cool this summer! We are starting to warm up.


No comments:

Post a Comment