Thursday, December 13, 2012

Misc.

     Today is the first day where my arm has been in less pain - truly less pain. Tomorrow I start therapy - so that'll change! And please, don't get me wrong, I'm still taking pain pills. But today I went into the sewing room and was trying to decide if I can work on the binding a little bit on my retro quilt. I must be feeling better.
     Yesterday, the Twist and Turn Bargello Quilts book  by Eileen Wright arrived. Her book is lovely but I better practice making Bargello quilts by making the small placemats first! I really have my heart set on someday making the Cosmic Twist quilt that she has pictured. After I was inspired by her book, I started looking around on the Internet for additional Bargello patterns. There is one called the Pink Ribbon Bargello quilt. I think that would be wonderful to make for a fundraiser for hospice. I'll have to become more confident and competent in my quilting and piecing to do that however.
     Today, I hope to get some pictures posted of things I've made in my sewing room this year. Not all of them are quilts and not all of them are as well done as I would like, but I do want to share them. I'm proud of the pillows and the pillowcases and I'm glad I tried the silhouette quilting. I think the silhouette quilting will become easier and better as I become more familiar with the techniques. It might help to have a better sewing machine someday, too. LOL! 
     Mom called me yesterday. She was crying. She was so tickled over the Christmas card I made for her that she claims she was crying tears of joy. I'm glad she liked the card, I'm just wondering how she's going to react to all the homemade gifts I have for her at Christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment